1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe would be great for any time of the day. It is from Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (8 oz, may also substitute Cheddar Cheese)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salsa (optional)
- 1Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium sauce pan; gradually stir in grits.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add 1/2 cup of the cheese, the garlic, and oregano, stirring until the cheese melts.
- 4Then let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Stir in 2 eggs, and pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 6Bake at 350 for 20 minutes; remove baking dish from oven.
- 7Increase oven temperature to 400.
- 8Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese, ham,and chilies evenly over grit crust.
- 9Whisk together remaining 6 eggs and 1/2 cup of the milk; pour into baking dish.
- 10Stir together remaining 1 cup milk and next three ingredients; spoon evenly over egg mixture, slightly spreading with back of a spoon (baking mixture will be very thick).
- 11Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- 12Cool 10 minutes; cut into squares.
- 13Serve with salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.4
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 294.6 mg
- Sodium 1427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g