Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mash the beans slightly so they absorb the flavors of the other ingredients. Diabetic Living
- 12 inch corn tortillas
- 118.29 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml queso fresco, crumbled or 29.58 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 9.85 ml fresh cilantro, snipped
- chunky salsa (optional)
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl use a potato masher or fork to slightly mash beans; set aside. In another small bowl combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater.
- Lightly coat an unheated medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cook, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set. Run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking about 2 minutes more or until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
- Spread tortillas with mashed beans. Divide cooked egg mixture between tortillas. Top with tomato, cheese, and cilantro. If desired, top with salsa. Serve immediately.