Prep 8 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Great strata with a kick!
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, cubed and divided (use rustic type, good quality bread)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- Stir first 7 ingredient together until well blended.
- In separate bowl, combine corn, 1 cup green onions, and cilantro.
- Place half of bread cubes in bottom of buttered 13X9" glass baking dish.
- Spread half of tomato mixture evenly over bread.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese and half of bacon.
- Pour half of milk mixture over top. Repeat layers with rest of bread, tomato mixture, and milk. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- COver with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.