Recipe by Canela Azul
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A hearty burrito sure to satisfiy any appatitte, rolled in a warm tortillia topped with Sour cream if desired. Came from being a vegitarian and wanting a nice Sunday mornig breakfast and feeding some friends, makes enough to satisfy anyone with or without the eegs it is still one of my most asked for and satisfying dishes and easy to prepare! I have been making these for almost 15 years and always asked for seconds!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 3 eggs (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red peppers (or both) or 1⁄2 cup green pepper (or both)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons southwestern salsa (plus some for wrap or top)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredderd sharp cheddar cheese
- daisy sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on medium heat carmelize onions add peppers and saute, add Simply Potatoes Southwestern style Hasbrowns accorrding to package directions (I like mine a little crispy).Mix onions and peppers with Hashbrowns once cooked push potatoes to one side of skillet add 3 eggs,scramble into potatoes until done cook about 5-7 minuets Add soputhwestern style Salsa,mix and let cook another 2-3 minuets, top with Cheese let melt . Serve hot in a warmed rolled Torttilla topped with salasa and a dollap of Daisy sour cream if desired eat with Knife and fork or with hands and place salsa and sour ceam on inside of burritto.