Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap contest entry. What a great presentation . . . and tasty too. I buy the 16 ounce can of Pillsbury Grandes (8 big biscuits), make four into bowls and serve the other four with the egg dish. The only special equipment needed is four ramekin or custard cups.
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury 8 Big Biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups hash browns (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (adjust to taste)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Place the bacon strips on the foil and bake until crisp, approximately 30 minutes. Once crisp transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Chop the bacon once it's cooled.
- Line another baking sheet with foil and place four ramkins or custard cups inverted on the foil; spacing them several inches apart. Spray the outside of the cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a rolling pin roll out four of the biscuits into 5" circles and place on the inverted ramekins, molding them around the cups. Place the other four biscuits at the other end of the pan and bake in 350 degree oven until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Allow bowls to cool slightly before removing them from the mold.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; whisk (not stir) until the mixture comes together, however don't over do it. Stir in 1 cup monterrey cheese and the bacon.
- Brown the potatoes, red peppers, jalapenos and green onions over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down to low and gently stir in the egg mixture and cook until the eggs are set.
- Fill each biscuit bowl with the egg mixture and top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese melts, 2 - 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with salsa.