1/1 Photo of Southwestern Black Beans and Barley
8 hrs 20 mins
No description submitted, but something needed here for posting. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium leek, washed well, white part only, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- sour cream, as desired (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Rinse and sort the beans.
- 2Soak them overnight. Drain.
- 3Place in 6 quart crock pot, with barley on top.
- 4Add celery, onion, garlic and leek to the mixture in the pot, along with tomatoes, seasonings and broth.
- 5Set crock pot to cook on low for 8 hours.
- 6(Optional: Serve with cheese as a garnish and top each serving with a tablespoon of sour cream).
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Black Beans and Barley
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 993.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: