Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from skinnytaste.com. RE: WW Simply Filling (Core), there's some debate over whether you have to count the EVOO if it's just a couple tsp/serving. I don't and have had outstanding results. So for me, this is a Simply Filling Recipe. If you count the EVOO, it's 1 pt. (For Flex: 5 WW Pts/serving)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 9 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- "Cooking Time" = Chill time.
We made this healthy, fresh, summery salad for our Memorial Day BBQ yesterday and everyone really enjoyed it. It also plated colorfully. Best of all, it came together in a snap, which really helps when you are trying to prepare for a big party. This is a keeper and we will make it again. Thanks!