Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Food Network's Tricked Out Tailgating competition. Sounds fabulous, I can't wait to try it!
Black Bean Cakes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons salsa, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green onions
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili sauce
Tortilla Chip Breading
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, plus more as needed
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- store bought salsa
Key Lime Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh key lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- salt and pepper
- lime, twists for garnish
- Coat pan with 2 teaspoons peanut oil.
- Combine beans, salsa, green onions, peppers, cilantro, bread crumbs, garlic,.
- and chipotle sauce in a large bowl and mix well, mashing up the beans.
- Form 12 small patties (about the diameter of a silver dollar and 3/4 to 1-inch thick).
- and roll in tortilla breading.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry patties,.
- in batches as necessary, until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve on bed of salsa or cover with salsa and fresh cilantro. Add a small.
- dollop of Lime Mayonnaise on top and garnish with a twist on lime.
- Key Lime Mayonnaise:.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.