Recipe by wojman
Great Beef Stew Recipe! This was taken from 365 Easy one-dish meals. I make it all of the time. I usually serve over rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut in 1 in cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed through press
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mild chile salsa
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven, heat oil until hot. Add beef and onions and cook over medium-high hea, stirring often, until beef is borwned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; mix well. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 hours. Remove cover and simmer 1/2 hour longer, until meat is tender and pan juices arerecuced slightly.