Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Beef round steak slow cooked on the stove top.
- 1 lb beef round steak, 1 to 2 inches thick
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash marjoram or 1 dash basil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- Cut about 10 small slits in meat with tip of knife; insert a garlic slice in each.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet; brown meat over medium heat, about 15 miutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Add salt, marjoram and water, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer until tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. (Add small amount of water if necessary.).
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add raisins and tomatoes; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot,a bout 5 minutes.
- Pour around steak and garnish with peppers.
- A 3/4 pound steak cooks in about 45 minutes.