1/1 Photo of Southwestern Beef Chili With Corn
This is a recipe I received in an e-mail newsletter from Real Simple that I've modified to fit our tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1Spray a large sauce pan and heat over medium high heat.
- 2Add the carrots, onion, garlic and salt and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until it is slightly darkened, 1 minute.
- 5Add the beans, green chiles, chili powder, beef broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 6Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 7Stir in the corn.
- 8Divide among bowls and top with the Cheddar and scallions.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Beef Chili With Corn
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1066.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g