Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful side salad that would compliment any Mexican or Southwestern meal. To make it a main dish, you could add chopped cooked meat of your choice and some shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine beans, celery, onion, tomato and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over the bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
I followed the recipe and loved it. Wouldn't change a thing.
I made a version of this which I know was not authentic but tasted good! I did not add black beans as I didn't have any. I did not add corn as we are corn free. I used Salsa-Authentic, sunflower oil to be soy free (It did leave a sunflower taste I'm not used to) I used bottled lime juice and sea salt.
Love the different beans in this recipe. So easy to make I found it didnt need the salt. I added a little extra cumin. I also used cherry tomatoes cut in half. Served with fajitas and avocado and shredded cheese. Will be making this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for the "Cool Beans" in the photo forum.