Recipe by Wildflour
A wonderful, easy and delicious salad made from a leftover butterfly pork chop! You can make it with leftover bbqed chicken, too! Topped off with an easy creamy BBQ Ranch dressing! REALLY good! :)
Top Review by anme
Lovely salad. I made this for dinner tonight with left over chicken patties from lunch and added some left over corn from the day before. I love the salad dressing, it really kicks this one up a knotch! Made for ZWT 3!
- 1 bbqed pork chop, sliced thin on the bias
- 4 -5 large lettuce leaves
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced cucumber
- colby-monterey jack cheese, cubed or julienned
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce leaves, overlapping into large, shallow salad bowl.
- Place tomatoes and cucumbers around outer edge, overlapping.
- Place pork slices, overlapping in center.
- Top pork with cubes of co-jack cheese.
- Mix ranch and bbq sauce together, adding bbq sauce to taste. (*I only use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, it is thick and slightly sweet. I wouldn't really suggest a hot, thin bbq sauce.)It should end up being about the color of thousand island dressing, or slightly darker. Make to your own liking.
- Drizzle salad with dressing mix.
- This is a meal in itself! :).
- *Can sub leftover bbqed chicken, too!