1/25 Photos of Southwestern Baked Spaghetti
Kim D.'s Note:
This is an easy, yet very tasty spaghetti casserole, which reminds me of the spaghetti they used to serve us in elementary school. I loved their spaghetti! I normally only brought my lunch, but not on spaghetti day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti per package direcions.
- 2Combine milk and egg, mix well.
- 3Combine drained spaghetti, milk and egg; mix well.
- 4Pour spaghetti mixture into a buttered 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- 5Brown ground beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- 6Return drained meat back into the skillet and add seasonings; Cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 8Spread meat mixture over spaghetti.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Baked Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 785.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g