Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy, yet very tasty spaghetti casserole, which reminds me of the spaghetti they used to serve us in elementary school. I loved their spaghetti! I normally only brought my lunch, but not on spaghetti day!
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti per package direcions.
- Combine milk and egg, mix well.
- Combine drained spaghetti, milk and egg; mix well.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into a buttered 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
- Return drained meat back into the skillet and add seasonings; Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Spread meat mixture over spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
I have been making this for a year and my whole family loves it-kids included! The added spices make this dish quite a few cuts above most baked spaghetti recipes. The only change I make regulary is to double the tomato sauce, oregano and garlic. (We like it more saucy than the original recipe comes out.) The addition of kidney beans is fantastic.
This recipe is so easy and very tasty too! I added a can of diced tomatoes the second time I made it and will make it that way on the future. Thanks for posting!
I made this and we enjoyed this dish immensely. I did switch the green bell pepper for a poblano pepper. This was very tasty and we will make this again. Thanks for posting a great, super fast and easy recipe!