Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good TexMex entree I got from an online magazine. Just add a side dish and you've got a meal.
- 4 chicken breasts
- southwest seasoning (Emeril's is a good brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Slice zucchinis and then halve the slices. Put in a 9X13 baking dish. Add 1 cup enchilada sauce and make sure all zucchini is coated.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of zucchini bed. Season with southwestern seasoning.
- Sprinkle green chilis on top of chicken breasts.
- Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of chicken breasts.
- Bake for one hour or until chicken is tender and juices are no longer pink.
This is really good! If you like spicey this is it. Used McCormicks dry enchilada mix to make sauce and this yields about 3 cups - enough for extra sauce for rice. Did not use southwest seasoning on chicken, only a little salt and pepper. It is spicey enough without the seasoning. Great recipe and most definitely a keeper.