Recipe by Roo1979
This is a very good TexMex entree I got from an online magazine. Just add a side dish and you've got a meal.
Top Review by busymerry
This is really good! If you like spicey this is it. Used McCormicks dry enchilada mix to make sauce and this yields about 3 cups - enough for extra sauce for rice. Did not use southwest seasoning on chicken, only a little salt and pepper. It is spicey enough without the seasoning. Great recipe and most definitely a keeper.
- 4 chicken breasts
- southwest seasoning (Emeril's is a good brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Slice zucchinis and then halve the slices. Put in a 9X13 baking dish. Add 1 cup enchilada sauce and make sure all zucchini is coated.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of zucchini bed. Season with southwestern seasoning.
- Sprinkle green chilis on top of chicken breasts.
- Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of chicken breasts.
- Bake for one hour or until chicken is tender and juices are no longer pink.