Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Jamie Deen needs to come to my house and make this personally for me. From pauladeen.com.
Make and share this Southwestern Avocado and Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce (Sriracha, Tabasco or Frank's)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons green onions (optional) or 2 tablespoons red onions, minced (optional)
- about 3/4 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, oil, lime juice and hot sauce. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve.