Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This zucchini is stuffed with tasty taco meat filling. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Southwest Zucchini Boats recipe from Food.com.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, bread crumbs, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and zucchini are tender.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.