Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This zucchini is stuffed with tasty taco meat filling. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Southwest Zucchini Boats recipe from Food.com.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, bread crumbs, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and zucchini are tender.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.