Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From the local paper. Saving to try. Prep time is marinating time.
Top Review by Hey Jude
It doesn't get any quicker, easier and tasier than this! I made this exactly as written (except for the minor change below), using locally made honey from a nature center near our house, which was kind of fun! The only change I made was, instead of using a broiler pan, I lined a shallow, heat-proof, pan with that fancy non-stick foil and just dumped the shrimp in there and broiled it right in that pan....saved some cleanup! VERY good and we'll definitely be making this again. When the husband keeps talking about it a day later (good talk), you know it's good! Thanks Amy!
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients, except shrimp.
- Add shrimp; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours to marinate.
- Coat broiler pan with oil spray.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade.
- Place shrimp on broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until shrimp turn pink.