Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (9 ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and onions; cook 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, green chilies, and spices; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans; simmer 15 more minutes.
- Top with onions; garnish with cheese if desired.
This was excellent. I added more broth than the recipe called for. I also added some additional spices to make up for the extra broth.
love it. so yummy and easy. i like to use fresh cilantro to deepen the flavor.