Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think I cut this recipe out of a magazine long ago... Possibly from an ad for Swanson broth? Anyway, it's good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts (cut into small cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini, undrained)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (garnish) (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced (garnish) (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and onions and cook 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, green chilies and spices, simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with cheese and green onion.