Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a free Penzey's recipe card...
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth (or more, as needed)
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies (1 small can)
- 19 ounces white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- grated cheese (optional)
- chopped scallion (optional)
- Mix spices in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 3 quart pan. Add chicken cubes and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and juices to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and saute onions until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chilies and spices. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and beans. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. If desired, stir in fresh cilantro and garnish with cheese and scallions.
Made for PAC Spring, 2008. Very good white chili recipe. I increased the chicken broth and let it simmer a little longer. I did use the fresh cilantro but put in a little less than 1/4 cup. I then topped it with a 4-cheese Mexican blend and a little sour cream. The next time I make it I am going to increase the spices. Thanks for sharing, Michelle.