From Food Network. Serve with crudites (carrot sticks, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips) and tortilla chips, pita wedges, crackers or baguette slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 T)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (such as cannellini)
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese (or can use Monterey Jack cheese or yellow cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- 1In a skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Meanwhile, toast ground cumin in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- 3When bacon is done cooking, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and pour off all but 2 T of bacon fat from skillet.
- 4Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and cayenne and puree until combined well.
- 6Crumble bacon.
- 7Transfer dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the crumbled bacon. Serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest White Bean, Cheddar and Bacon Dip
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 207.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.8 g