Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Food Network. Serve with crudites (carrot sticks, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips) and tortilla chips, pita wedges, crackers or baguette slices.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 T)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (such as cannellini)
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese (or can use Monterey Jack cheese or yellow cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- In a skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, toast ground cumin in a small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- When bacon is done cooking, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and pour off all but 2 T of bacon fat from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and cayenne and puree until combined well.
- Crumble bacon.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the crumbled bacon. Serve.