Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lime juice, cumin and cilantro are a magical zesty combination. Grilled chicken breast, ground beef or fried eggs go great over this. Use vegetable bouillon cube for Vegetarian.
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 532.32 ml water
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies, drained
- 453.59 g chunky salsa, jarred
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml frozen corn kernels
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste (I used 1 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp pepper)
- jalapeno, to taste I used 1tbsp canned (optional)
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 bunch green onion, sliced greens and whites
- fresh tomato, chopped
- avocado, diced (optional)
- cheese, shredded
- sour cream, to serve
- grilled chicken breasts or ground beef or fried egg
- In a small pot, stir together rice, water and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, stir together bell pepper, carrot, garlic, diced green chilies and salsa and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn and zucchini and simmer until zucchini is crisp tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir together dressing ingredients and stir into veggie mix.
- Divide rice into 6 bowls. Ladle veggies over rice and add toppings if desired.
- Alternatively, you can stir the rice into the veggie mix.
- Good hot, warm or cold.