My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1In medium saucepan coated with cooking spray cook and stir onion and garlic over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Stir in chili powder. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Ladle into bowls. Top with cheese (if desired), sour cream and onions.
- 3Southwestern Turkey Chili: Prepare as above, except cook 2 ounces extra lean ground turkey along with the onion and garlic about 3 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Continue with recipe as directed in step 2 above, except decrease kidney beans to 1/4 cup.
- 4MAKE IT A MEAL:.
- 5-24 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers.
- 6-1 container (6 ounces) low-fat peach yogurt topped with 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh blueberries.
- 7-Iced Tea.
- 8(Total Calories: 309).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 1561.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g