Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Southwest Vegetarian Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In medium saucepan coated with cooking spray cook and stir onion and garlic over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chili powder. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Ladle into bowls. Top with cheese (if desired), sour cream and onions.
- Southwestern Turkey Chili: Prepare as above, except cook 2 ounces extra lean ground turkey along with the onion and garlic about 3 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Continue with recipe as directed in step 2 above, except decrease kidney beans to 1/4 cup.
- MAKE IT A MEAL:.
- -24 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers.
- -1 container (6 ounces) low-fat peach yogurt topped with 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh blueberries.
- -Iced Tea.
- (Total Calories: 309).