1/6 Photos of Southwest Vegetarian Bake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a good hearty winter meal. It can easily be made healthier by using low fat sour cream and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1In a large saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until tender.
- 2In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, cheddar, pepper and rice. Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle onions and olives over top.
- 3Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Mexican cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
- 4Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetarian Bake
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.6
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 1107.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g