Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a good hearty winter meal. It can easily be made healthier by using low fat sour cream and cheese.
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, until tender.
- In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, cheddar, pepper and rice. Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle onions and olives over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Mexican cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes.