Recipe by love4culinary
This is a yummy recipe that I decided to whip up after having southwest eggrolls! If you dont like white rice with out some form of sauce or 'liquidity' you may wish to eat this with a tortilla instead of rice. You can also use some salsa to add some zing and moisture to the rice! :-)
Top Review by Sharon123
My daughter and I enjoyed this dish for lunch! She added a crumbled veggie burger to hers and we had this on tortillas. I also used sharp cheddar shredded cheese. Thanks love, for a lovely meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 5 baby carrots, chopped small
- 6 tablespoons frozen corn
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped small
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 -2 jalapeno, minced
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- cooked white rice (prepare as much as you would generally eat with your meal) or tortilla
- shredded cheese, use amount desired to top (I use sargento Mexican shredded cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add Red Pepper, Scallions and carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, and tomato and mix through, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, black beans, spinach and jalapenos and stir until spinach is mixed through.
- Add all spices and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until heated well.
- Carefully make a mount of white rice on your plate, and top with black bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with as much shredded cheese as you desire, and quickly microwave to melt the cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!