1/1 Photo of Southwest Vegetable Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy soup to prepare and it makes a wonderful meal with the addition of your favorite cornbread! Or it is a tasty starter for your entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can ranch style bean, undrained
- 1 can corn, drain
- 1 can green beans, drain
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 corn tortillas, minced (I use scissors to cut mine very tiny)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a pot over high heat.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Then lower your heat and simmer for about an hour.
- 4The soup should be thickened and the tortilla pieces will be mostly dissolved.
- 5To serve, top with crumbled tortilla chips and a little grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 555.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch style beans