Recipe by Junebug
This is an easy soup to prepare and it makes a wonderful meal with the addition of your favorite cornbread! Or it is a tasty starter for your entree.
Top Review by Malriah
This is a very simple soup to make. You'll very rarely hear me say this, but I like the fact that most of the work is done by opening cans. :o) It was a tad bland for our tastes because we really like spicy foods so I just added a tiny bit of jalapeno powder. One notable change was I didn't have ranch style beans so I used black beans. Other than that, I changed nothing. As a garnish, I added some green onions, shredded pepperjack cheese and a few crushed tortilla chips. Thanks for posting this recipe, it was yummy.
- 3 cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can ranch style bean, undrained
- 1 can corn, drain
- 1 can green beans, drain
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 corn tortillas, minced (I use scissors to cut mine very tiny)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then lower your heat and simmer for about an hour.
- The soup should be thickened and the tortilla pieces will be mostly dissolved.
- To serve, top with crumbled tortilla chips and a little grated cheese.