1/1 Photo of Southwest Vegetable Soup
Belly Up With Bob's Note:
If you like Southwestern foods you will like my soup. It took about 15 tries, but was worth the results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, with liquid
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans, with liquid
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 yellow onion, medium size
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1In a blender blend stewed tomatoes, honey, green onions, garlic, cilantro, onion, and seasoning.
- 2In a large skillet add 2 cans chicken broth and the blended ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add all other ingredients except red kidney beans, simmer with a lid for at least 20 minutes.
- 4Add red kidney beans, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips, then cut in half, then fry in oil until crisp.
- 6In soup bowls put in soup then sprinkle with cheese then top with some fried tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: