Sue Lau's Note:
Cool crisp vegetables warmed with the spice of chiles...a perfect foil for such entrees as fajitas and my dish "Santa Fe Pork Medallions with Peach Salsa"! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Salad
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the Vinaigrette
- 1Mix cucumbers with 1 tablespoon salt in strainer or colander and toss well; allow to rest 30-45 minutes in sink.
- 2Immerse cucumbers in cold water to remove all salt; drain.
- 3Combine cucumbers, green onion, carrot, bell peppers, and cilantro in a large bowl, mixing well.
- 4Mix together orange juice, vinegar, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, Splenda, and garlic.
- 5Adjust adobo and Splenda to taste.
- 6Pour dressing over salad, mixing well.
- 7Chill until needed.
- 8Flavor develops more with marination time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetable Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: