Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool crisp vegetables warmed with the spice of chiles...a perfect foil for such entrees as fajitas and my dish "Santa Fe Pork Medallions with Peach Salsa"! :)
For the Salad
- 2 cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chiles, to taste)
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix cucumbers with 1 tablespoon salt in strainer or colander and toss well; allow to rest 30-45 minutes in sink.
- Immerse cucumbers in cold water to remove all salt; drain.
- Combine cucumbers, green onion, carrot, bell peppers, and cilantro in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Mix together orange juice, vinegar, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, Splenda, and garlic.
- Adjust adobo and Splenda to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad, mixing well.
- Chill until needed.
- Flavor develops more with marination time.