Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A yummy side dish, light lunch, or add an extra can of black beans, and it becomes a great vegetarian main dish. Adapted from a weight watchers recipe given to me by a friend.
- 2 (652.03 g) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 411.06 g can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 439.41 g can hominy, drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 113.39 g canchopped jalapenos, drained (can sub mild green chiles, if preferred)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 158.51 ml shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven,top with cheese, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot!
I fondly remember this recipe from my Weight Watchers days -- I think I got the recipe from a WW vegetarian cookbook that's now long gone. I've been looking all over for a recipe similar to what I remembered, and finally found it on here! I used fresh jalapeÃ±os, including the seeds, because I like my food spicy. I also added more cilantro after baking, because I think it tastes better fresh and I like a lot of it. Thanks!