Christine in Chicago's Note:
A yummy side dish, light lunch, or add an extra can of black beans, and it becomes a great vegetarian main dish. Adapted from a weight watchers recipe given to me by a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped jalapenos, drained (can sub mild green chiles, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix all ingredients except cheese in a 2 quart baking dish.
- 3Bake, covered, 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- 4Remove from oven,top with cheese, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
- 5Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Vegetable Bake
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1000.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat Mexican cheese blend