Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy side dish, light lunch, or add an extra can of black beans, and it becomes a great vegetarian main dish. Adapted from a weight watchers recipe given to me by a friend.
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped jalapenos, drained (can sub mild green chiles, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven,top with cheese, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot!
I fondly remember this recipe from my Weight Watchers days -- I think I got the recipe from a WW vegetarian cookbook that's now long gone. I've been looking all over for a recipe similar to what I remembered, and finally found it on here! I used fresh jalapeÃ±os, including the seeds, because I like my food spicy. I also added more cilantro after baking, because I think it tastes better fresh and I like a lot of it. Thanks!