Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These cheese-stuffed rolls are great with a green salad or plate of fresh vegetables and spanish rice.
- 1 cup finely crushed cheese-flavored granule
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into six 2 inch x 1/2 inch sticks
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- In a shallow dish combine cracker crumbs and taco seasoning; set aside.
- Flatten chicken between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place a cheese stick and about 1 Tablespoon of chilies on each piece of chicken.
- Tuck ends of chicken in and roll up; secure with a toothpick.
- Coat chicken with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks.