My sister makes these and they are pretty much amazing. These burgers are a highly requested item when she comes around! She taught me how to make them, too, so when she isn't around our family can get their fix.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 (2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 whole grain buns
- 3 -4 avocados (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 8 -10 black olives (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and sautee bell peppers and onions until tender. Set aside.
- Using your hands, combine ground turkey, egg, taco seasoning, peppers and onions in a mixing bowl.
- Form into four patties and grill until cooked all the way through. You may also choose to cook in a deep skillet on the stove, if desired. When nearly cooked, place a slice of pepperjack cheese on top to melt.
- While burgers are cooking, prepare guacamole.
- Combine all guacamole ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Serve burgers on buns and topped with a heaping scoop of guacamole. Make sure to have tortilla chips on hand for any left over guac!