Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe. These are great on the grill topped with a black bean spread that I make (about to be posted). I get a lot of requests for this recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large shallots or 1⁄4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I usually add a bit more as I'm a cilantro lover)
- 1⁄2 small bell pepper, any color, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Chop your garlic and veggies. I throw all mine in my food processor and it makes easy work of this step.
- Combine all ingredients through grill seasoning.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal patties. Drizzle patties with olive oil to coat. Cook on grill or in skillet over med-high heat until done. (I've found that the veggies make this so moist that they're hard to overcook, although you'll still want to keep an eye on them).
- Place sliced cheese over the patties the last two minutes of cooking.
- OPTIONAL (but worth it): Slather with Black Bean Spread/Dip with Lime and Cilantro (recipe posted after this one). Enjoy the rest of the dip with tortilla chips with your burger.
Great turkey burgers! I had to use some dried thyme but otherwise stayed true to recipe. I loved how much flavor these had! Served with cole slaw (Heidi in Seattle) on wheat buns. Another time when I have the ingred. I want to try your black bean dip! Thanks Hepcat, for posting! Roxygirl
This recipe was very quick and easy to make, but the flavor didn't seem like it- seemed like I slaved away for an hour Wonderful burger recipe
OMGoodness! These burgers were soooooooooooooo goooooooooog! I added more cilantro (per your suggesstion), fresh sage (bc I had it), and fresh oregano (bc I miss read the recipe)lolololo. The flavor was just GREAT. DH and DS are not fans of hot so I did not add the jalpeno. I will make these burgers again. Thanks wicked noodle for a new turkey buker.