Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Irma from Yuma Arizona gave me this one. Serve as filling for Tacos or enchiladas or over Rice, Pasta, or Cous Cous. Think of the casseroles to be made with it, just mix with macaroni, noodles, Rice, or whatever, top or mix with a little or a lot of cheese of some sort and bake. (Always keep a box of Baking Soda on a shelf where it can be found by touch. It will nutralize the acid in chili juice, just mix with water and apply generously even to the eyes. Try it! It works!)
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) canortega chilies, diced
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded,vained,finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, ground fresh
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 turkey thighs, skin and fat removed
- Put the Tomatoes and Ortega chilies in a crock pot set on high.
- In a large saute pan over high heat, saute Onions and Jalapenos'til Onions are transparent.
- Add them and all other ingredients except the Turkey to the pot, mix well.
- Submerge the thighs into the pot.
- Cover, reduce heat to low.
- Cook over night, 10-12 hours.
- Remove Turkey, debone, cut across the grain into 1 1/2 inch wide strips, then shred with forks.
- Return to pot,mix well.