Recipe by Engrossed
I just LOVE tuna! It's so fun to open a can and make a recipe up. This one turned out so flavorful and yummy... just popping with flavors. I also love a versatile recipe. You can enjoy this atop a bed of lettuce, rolled in lettuce leaves, in a wrap, in a sandwich or my favorite as a melt! I spread some of this on some whole grain sourdough and sprinkled some lowfat cheddar on it...stuck it in the broiler for a few minutes and WOW! The tangy sourdough went really well with it. I can also imagine this with pasta added for a cold pasta salad or as a hot tuna casserole...YUM! I think I'll be making it every which way I can think of because the flavor is soooo DELISH! If you prefer a non-creamy salad just cut the mayo and sour cream and you might increase the lime juice and perhaps add a little bit of oil. If you want more heat add a jalapeno or two. Enjoy yourself and make it how you'll like it.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Super good! Really fresh tasting. Next time I'll leave out the olives, personal preference.Used it as a sandwich filling on a sandwich thin with sprouts and the next day I used it as a dip with tortilla chips. Delicious both ways. Thanks for posting.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white onions, diced or 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (optional)
- diced fresh tomatoes (optional) or grape tomatoes, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (this really enhances it)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional) or cheddar cheese, for a melt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Stir dressing into salad, mix well.
- This is great right away but if you let it sit in the refrigerator it will develop even more flavor.
- Enjoy this how you'll like it (see description).