1/10 Photos of Southwest Tuna Salad
I just LOVE tuna! It's so fun to open a can and make a recipe up. This one turned out so flavorful and yummy... just popping with flavors. I also love a versatile recipe. You can enjoy this atop a bed of lettuce, rolled in lettuce leaves, in a wrap, in a sandwich or my favorite as a melt! I spread some of this on some whole grain sourdough and sprinkled some lowfat cheddar on it...stuck it in the broiler for a few minutes and WOW! The tangy sourdough went really well with it. I can also imagine this with pasta added for a cold pasta salad or as a hot tuna casserole...YUM! I think I'll be making it every which way I can think of because the flavor is soooo DELISH! If you prefer a non-creamy salad just cut the mayo and sour cream and you might increase the lime juice and perhaps add a little bit of oil. If you want more heat add a jalapeno or two. Enjoy yourself and make it how you'll like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup white onions, diced or 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced (optional)
- diced fresh tomatoes (optional) or grape tomatoes, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (this really enhances it)
- 1Mix salad ingredients together.
- 2Mix dressing ingredients together.
- 3Stir dressing into salad, mix well.
- 4This is great right away but if you let it sit in the refrigerator it will develop even more flavor.
- 5Enjoy this how you'll like it (see description).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 503.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g