Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I recently had this at our Christmas pot luck at work. It can be made ahead for up to one day. Just increase the baking time by 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (26 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream or 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 7 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, peppers, oregano and cumin, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in corn and 1 1/2 cups salsa.
- In a bowl, using a fork, mash beans with chili powder.
- In a separate bowl, blend cream cheese with sour cream; stir in cilantro.
- Arrange three flour tortillas in prepared baking dish, covering bottom and sides.
- Spread with half the bean mixture; layer with half the vegetable and cream cheese mixtures.
- Top with two tortillas, tucking in sides.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining two tortillas; spread with remaining salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.