Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Something different for a change! This is so creamy and flavorful. It's perfect for a cool day. I made this up one night when I was tired of the same old tomato-based soup.
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) package meat-filled tortellini, frozen
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine broth, water, salsa and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and green pepper until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions, green pepper, pinto beans, corn, tortellini and cumin to saucepan.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add half and half.
- Heat a few more minutes. Do not boil.
- Garnish with cilantro.