1/1 Photo of Southwest Tortellini Chowder
Something different for a change! This is so creamy and flavorful. It's perfect for a cool day. I made this up one night when I was tired of the same old tomato-based soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) package meat-filled tortellini, frozen
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan combine broth, water, salsa and tomatoes.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, saute onions and green pepper until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add onions, green pepper, pinto beans, corn, tortellini and cumin to saucepan.
- 5Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- 6Add half and half.
- 7Heat a few more minutes. Do not boil.
- 8Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Tortellini Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 1357.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: