Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tortellini with a southwestern flair. I found this tasty recipe a few years back in a Pillsbury Bake-off cookbook.
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild chunky-style salsa or 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated meat-filled tortellini or 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese-filled egg tortellini (or 1 16-oz. pg.s frozen--if you use frozen see note below)
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen corn, broccoli and red pepper blend
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan combine broth, salsa and orange peel.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and vegetables.
- Raise heat and cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortellini and vegetables are ender.
- Stir in milk and salt to taste.
- Heat a few more minutes until nice and hot, but do not boil.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro.
- Note: If you use frozen tortellini, add before the vegetables and cook for 4 to 5 minutes before you add vegetables and then cook until vegetables are done.
Love this soup! Tasty, easy, filling, and perfect for chilly nights...