A nice, different way to make tortellini. Good for potlucks.
Make and share this Southwest Tortellini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 -10 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini, can use any type
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat sour cream, can use regular
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease/spray a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- In a bowl, toss together the black beans, tortellini, green chilies, diced tomatoes and cumin. Mix well and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another bowl, stir together the sour cream, lime juice and sugar; evenly spread this over mixture in the casserole dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheese, then olives, then green onions, then the cilantro.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking an additional 20-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro.