Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This came from Everyday Food. I love salsas so wanted to be sure and save. You can always make it Two-Tomato Salsa if you can't find the yellow or zebra tomatoes. Will store in frig, covered up to 1 day. Serve with steak, hamburgers or chicken.
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeds and ribs removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes or 2 medium zebra tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-in dice
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced crosswise plus
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil, from jar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food-processor puree plum tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice and cumin. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in yellow and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, drain off mixture and stir in the tablespoon oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.