1/2 Photos of Southwest Taco Pie
A Pampered Chef recipe with an easy cornmeal crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, plus
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray 9" pie plate with non stick spray.
- 2Sprinkle 1 tbsp cornmeal evenly onto bottom and sides of prepared pie plate.
- 3For crust; combine 1/4 c cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and oil; stir with fork until mixture forms a ball.
- 4On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 10 inch circle.
- 5Place in prepared pie plate; shape edge to form rim.
- 6For filling; cook and stir ground beef over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa.
- 7Spoon beef mixture into pie crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 9Top pie with lettuce, tomato and olives. Garnish with sour cream and additonal salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Taco Pie
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 747.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g