Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy to make. Even picky son who hates Mexican food liked it!
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven and baking sheet to 400 degrees.
- Partially bake pie crust for 10 minutes
- Cool, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet brown meat & onion and drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix to directions on pkg.
- In small mixing bowl combine refried beans and 1/2 cup of taco sauce.
- Layer 1/2 seasoned meat in bottom of each pie crust.
- Top each with 1/2 of the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top & bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes and top with remaining taco sauce.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream as desired.
This was very tasty and very easy. I only made one pie and used homemade recipe #66591. Thanks for the recipe!