Recipe by shelbyrose
We like to go 'meatless' once in awhile. The flavorful combination of ingredients in the stuffing is so hearty, you won't be asking "where's the beef?"
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was good, but I think it definitely needs some more flavors to balance out all those tomatoes! I threw in some cumin and extra salt before cooking, but at the table we ended up adding garlic powder and more salt. Maybe we just like things extra spicy? I followed Doreen's advice and boiled and baked the peppers--worked nicely!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green bell peppers, washed, cored and seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, rice, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt; mix well.
- Fill each pepper with about 1 cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Place in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.