Southwest Style Stuffed Cheeseburgers
- In a small bowl, combine chilies, cheese, butter and garlic. Blend well.
- Divide ground beef into four, 3/4 cup pieces. Place 1 piece on cutting board; divide in half. Flatten each half into thin patty about 4 inches wide. Season each half with salt and black pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese mixture in center of one patty; cover with other patty. Pinch edges together to seal. Shape burger until round and slightly flattened. Season again with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining ground beef and cheese mixture.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Grill burgers about 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Do not flatten burgers with spatula.
- Remove from grill; let stand 2 minutes before serving. Place finished burgers between hamburger rolls or on grilled sourdough bread and garnish with lettuce, avocado and tomato, if desired.