Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheeseburgers with an attitude.
- 2 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons diced monterey jack cheese (regular or with bell peppers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 grilled sourdough bread
- green leaf lettuce
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine chilies, cheese, butter and garlic. Blend well.
- Divide ground beef into four, 3/4 cup pieces. Place 1 piece on cutting board; divide in half. Flatten each half into thin patty about 4 inches wide. Season each half with salt and black pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese mixture in center of one patty; cover with other patty. Pinch edges together to seal. Shape burger until round and slightly flattened. Season again with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining ground beef and cheese mixture.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Grill burgers about 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Do not flatten burgers with spatula.
- Remove from grill; let stand 2 minutes before serving. Place finished burgers between hamburger rolls or on grilled sourdough bread and garnish with lettuce, avocado and tomato, if desired.
This was the best burger ever the second time i made this masterpieces of taste i added a 1/2 cup of dice cubensis mushrooms to the cheese mixture made this burgers even more special for everyone.
These burgers were great! It turned cold on the night we were going to grill them so we had to cook them inside on a grill pan and they were still wonderful. So juicy and tasty. This recipe is going into my Favorites cookbook. Many, many thanks for posting this one!
This is my comfort food. Excellent. I love green chilies and monterey jack cheese & garlic. I am going to try this with ground turkey so my hubby can eat it. Thanks for posting!