Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Although the recipe calls for Ground Turkey or Chicken, this is sure to be good with ground beef as well. From the London Free Press.
Top Review by Mama__B
The flavour was quite good, if a little salty. But the texture left a lot to be desired. My husband described it as "cat food pate." I think it would be much better with ground beef, or a mixture of ground beef, pork and veal, rather than with ground chicken.
- 2 slice bacon, diced
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml hot sauce (i.e.: Tabasco, chipotles hot sauce recommended)
- 78.07 ml hot salsa
- 680.38 g ground chicken or 680.38 g ground turkey
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml grated monterey jack cheese or 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, until golden.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until the onion is soft.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt and hot sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine contents of skillet with the salsa, ground meat, breadcrumbs and egg.
- Spoon mixture in large loaf pan.
- Place in preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with Salsa and sour cream on the side.