1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
Although the recipe calls for Ground Turkey or Chicken, this is sure to be good with ground beef as well. From the London Free Press.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (i.e.: Tabasco, chipotles hot sauce recommended)
- 1/3 cup hot salsa
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, until golden.
- 2Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- 3Cook until the onion is soft.
- 4Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt and hot sauce.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine contents of skillet with the salsa, ground meat, breadcrumbs and egg.
- 6Spoon mixture in large loaf pan.
- 7Place in preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- 9Remove from oven let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- 10Serve with Salsa and sour cream on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest-Style Meatloaf (Turkey, Chicken or Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 881.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.7 g