Recipe by HeatherFeather
Found this recipe in a pile of old magazine clippings I had saved. Adapted from "Fast & Healthy Cooking" magazine. Cook time is actually marinating time.
- 2 cups frozen corn, cooked and drained,chilled
- 4 tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled,seeded,diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 poblano chiles, seeded,finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all veggies together with just the vinegar in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or chill until ready to serve.
- Combine oil, salt and sugar with a whisk, pour over salad and toss.
- Variation: You may substitute 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper seeded plus 1-2 minced seeded jalapenos for the poblanos.