Southwest Stuffed Peppers (Light)
- Preheat the oven to 375°f. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, bring the stock and rice to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain any excess stock.
- Lightly coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, add the oil and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the corn and sauté another 5 minutes or until the corn starts to brown. Add the ground beef and sauté until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, beans, chili powder, basil, cumin, salt, pepper and salsa and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add ½ cup of the cheese, along with the sour cream and cilantro or parsley.
- Carefully remove and discard the top from each of the peppers. Remove the ribs and seeds and discard. Place the peppers on the baking sheet and fill them with the beef stuffing. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for another 2 minutes or just until the cheese melts.